Reporting: Rabbit Zielke
National Doctor Appreciation Day is March 30th. This day provides an opportunity to reflect on the impact your physician has on your daily life in terms of health, well-being and quality of life. The Medical Society of Chattanooga celebrates Doctor’s Day with a special appreciation reception honoring physicians in the region. The honorees are selected from a collection of letters from patients nominating their doctors through heartwarming stories of personal experience.
Nominations are closed for the Doctor’s Day Appreciation Reception this year but the Medical Society of Chattanooga will still accept letters and pass them along to the appropriate physician. You can also send a personal thank you note to your doctor’s office to let them know how much you appreciate everything they do for you and your loved ones.
- Send a thank you note to your physician’s office
- Wear a red carnation to honor doctors
- Place a red carnation at the grave of a doctor
- Share stories of your favorite doctor with friends and relatives
- Donate to a medical charity in your doctor’s name
- Nominate your doctor for recognition with the Medical Society
To send letters via the Medical Society of Chattanooga:
- email: kevin @ chattmedsoc.org
- phone: 622-2872
- fax: 622-7331
Listen to the story.